Administrative Assistant (Foundation)
Performs a wide variety of administrative duties to support the management of an organizational unit(s) and ensure efficient and effective departmental operations. Generally reports to Director level.
1. Schedules meetings and conference calls; Details include but are not limited to securing meeting location, reserving and preparing conference rooms, preparing meeting material s , sending invitations, setting up teleconferences, and arranging catering.
2. Greet visitors, answer s phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages with courtesy and professionalism. Uses initiative and good judgment to resolve as many issues as possible, referring any unresolved issues to the appropriate party, and briefing management as appropriate.
3. Reviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to management; handles routine correspondence and prepares appropriate responses.
4. Obtains, compiles and assembles information and data from a wide variety of sources in order to prepare reports, presentations, agendas and correspondence using PowerPoint, Word, Excel or SharePoint.
5. Maintains databases and spreadsheets; may also research, and analyze data and design/generate associated reports for management
6. Monitors and orders office supplies for assigned area. Identifies cost-effective solutions in support of office operations.
7. Assists in organizing and maintaining departmental files.
8. Completes and submit s expense reports and invoices in timely manner with all necessary documentation
9. May monitor and maintain monthly expenses for the office; reconciles expenses charged to each account.
10. May be responsible for coordinating/planning departmental specific projects and activities to assist in the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
A High School Diploma or equivalent and three or more years job related experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills required,
2. Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency, initiative, responsiveness, and attention to detail.
3. Strong organizational skills.
4. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
5. Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
6. Strong composition and proofreading skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, and overall computer systems and skills.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
• Performing record keeping tasks required in the daily activities of work as well as recording, maintaining, and retrieving records, facts, and minutes of the official business of the DeKalb Medical Foundation
• Opening, sorting, and distributing correspondence, including email, faxes, and USPS mail
• Maintain confidentiality
• Positive attitude and sense of humor highly valued