Armed Security Officer- Hillandale
Maintains the safety and security of DeKalb Medical assets that include patients, visitors, staff and property. Provides proactive crime and injury prevention through job knowledge, surveillance and customer service. Successfully complete DeKalb Medical Firearms Program and carries a firearm at all times when on duty.
- Effectively trains new and existing Security Officers to have the ability to work on solo assignments at a performance level that meets the requirements of the post as needed.
- Serves as a role model for the new officers in the areas of attendance, appearance, demeanor, initiative, courtesy, ethics, integrity and professionalism.
- Identifies performance issues with new trainees and either facilitate their resolution through positive coaching and remedial training or refer them to other appropriate resources.
- Provides leadership and guidance in helping a new officer assimilate into the DM culture and work environment.
- Serves as the initial focal point for new trainees in addressing any personnel related issue associated with their selection and assignment.
- Will assume Security Officer duties and responsibilities when training duties are limited. (See Security Officer job description for additional details).
- Serve as the Shift Supervisor as needed. (See Shift Supervisor job description for details).
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid GA driver’s license
- 3 years security experience desired, healthcare setting preferred.
- IAHSS Basic Certification preferred
- Completion of DeKalb Medical Firearms Program required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must successfully complete the Security Department psychological evaluation
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Skill and ability to sort and analyze data and produce required reports
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Skill and ability to plan and organize and manage multiple projects
- Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Reports to: Security Supervisor