Certified Swim Instructor/ Exercise Instructor II
The group-fitness instructor is responsible for leading and instructing various group-exercise classes offered to the members of the facility.
1. Provide enthusiastic attitude and ensure to get to know each class member by name.
2. Provide entertaining, effective, and safe group-exercise experience to the members.
3. Punctuality is a must. Come to class at least 10 minutes in advance and prepare for class in advance.
4. Promote facility’s services and events to members.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Five year’s plus experience as a group-exercise instructor and multiple certifications for Level II classification
· Experience teaching classes similar to those to be instructed at the facility
· College certificate or associate’s degree in exercise science; bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field preferred
· Current certification as a group-fitness instructor or leader from an NCCA-accredited organization
· If instructing classes in yoga, Pilates, spinning, or related specialty class, must have either a nationally recognized certification in that specialty or evidence of training in that specialty
· AED/CPR certification
Reports to: Fitness Manager