Critical Care RN - PRN -Days - 1 Shift a Week - Competitive Rates!
Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
PRN PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
1. Agreement between employee and manager regarding primary shift commitments based on organizational needs.
2. Agreement to float or flex to areas that support individual skill levels as need dictates.
3. Agreement to orient and work in specialized areas in a capacity that will support the individual skill level as needed.
4. Completion of hospital general orientation, unit specific orientation and skill assessment.
5. Three month and annual performance review. Additional reviews as necessary to resolve problem issues.
6. Adherence to Dekalb Medical (DM) Tardiness and Attendance Policy:
a. Clock in and out for each shift worked utilizing hospital time and attendance system.
b. Be on the assigned unit ready for work at the scheduled beginning time of each shift as defined by each particular unit.
c. Employees that commit, then cancel an assigned shift less than one week before the shift start time will be considered absent and incur the penalty as outlined in the DM attendance policy.
d. Employees will not be penalized for low census flexing.
7. Meet annual health and education requirements per individual department guidelines.
8. Employees who fail to work the minimum specified hours for two consecutive pay periods (excluding requested time off) will automatically be reduced to the most appropriate plan up to discontinuation of services.
PRN MANAGEMENT GUIDELINES:
- PRN employee shifts will be assigned by the Nurse Manager, Supervisor, or NSO secretary.
- PRN shifts are not guaranteed and employees may be canceled up to two hours prior to the shift by the supervisor. Employees who are canceled less than two hours prior to the shift will be compensated for two hours.
- PRN employees who elect to transfer from the PRN Plan to a full or part time position within the hospital will have a salary adjustment made to reflect the appropriate hire rate for the position being filled.
- Salary adjustments for PRN employees are not guaranteed. Adjustments will be evaluated annually by Human Resources and market adjustments considered and made as necessary. Any employee benefits for PRN staff will be specified by Human Resources.
- All PRN plans require a six month commitment.
- All plans will be signed in July once a year and prn.
- Compliance with committed hours will be evaluated each pay period by the Nurse Manager.
- Employees who fail to work the minimum specified hours for two consecutive pay periods (excluding requested time off) will automatically be reduced to the most appropriate plan up to discontinuation of services.
PRN RESOURCE TEAM REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current Georgia License
2. American Heart Association “Healthcare Provider” CPR card preferred.
3. American Heart Association ACLS
4. American Heart Association PALS (required for ER)
5. TNCC (preferred for ER)
6. Two years recent hospital experience in the critical care area in which they will be working.
7. Specialty areas may require additional certification or on-call requirements per departmental policy.