Director Operations DMPG - Hospitalist Program
Director Operations: Hospitalist Program DeKalb Medical Physicians Group
Experienced Hospitalist Director of Operations needed for growing program covering 3 facilities. Experience in Hospitalist Administration required.
Experience with patient experience, revenue cycle, employee supervision required.
Apply on-line at www.dekalbmedical.org today!
Summary of Position:
Position is responsible for leading and directing operations of assigned physician practices in Primary Care, Specialty Care or Occupational Health Divisions of the Dekalb Medical Physician Group. Oversees the day-to-day operation of practices and provides management, guidance, and direction to the organization's managers. Provides strategic direction to ensure a high level of performance by developing and implementing budgetary, operational, quality and strategic plans.
- Manages the practice manager and holds them accountable to the duties set forth in their job description.
- Set individual annual goals for the practice managers.
- Responsible for hiring/firing of all office staff
- Assures training for all employees
- Member of the Physician Leadership committees and co-chairs the operations council.
- Manages in the absence of Practice Manager
- Meets the management needs of Physicians
- Responsible for providing solutions to practice managers to improve patient satisfaction
- Super User of practice IT software in order to direct efficient clinical and non-clinical operational workflow
- With physician leadership set policies and procedures to provide effective, efficient, high quality patient care.
- Hold practice managers accountable to managing to budget
- Participates in budget development with management team
- Manage Outmigration to improve the hospital’s return on investment.
- Participates in physician recruitment and on-boarding process
- Interacts with physician liaison to promote employed physicians
- Assists physician leadership in planning strategic growth
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of health care planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operation of a Physician Practice organization.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to direct its operations and to provide effective patient care.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority over assigned work functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to organize and integrate organizational priorities and deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and make sound supported decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and distinctly to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Microsoft Word, Lawson Enterprise System, NextGen EPM and EMR.
- Ability to function independently with little direct supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and provide excellent service even in stressful situations and in dealing with a variety of diverse people.
Reports to: Vice President Dekalb Medical Physicians Group
Supervision of others: Practice Managers for assigned practices
- BA, MHA, MBA preferred
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and budgeting
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in management position in healthcare physician setting if no degree
- Track record of effective interaction with physicians, staff and hospital departments