The Engineering Technician will assist in maintaining and operating the Building and associated systems in a good state of repair, making certain that patient comfort, good working conditions and safe and efficient facilities are maintained as required by good practice, local, state and federal regulations and Joint Commission standards.
- Assists in operating and maintaining mechanical equipment including pumps, compressors, centrifugal chillers, hot water and steam boilers, steam system components such as pressure reducing stations, clinical gas distribution systems, domestic water and sewer systems, Pneumatic Tube system.
- Performs minor repairs, building maintenance, and routine floor calls when assigned.
- Participates with Emergency Responses for Fire, Bomb Threat, Chemical Release, Internal and External Disaster and Utility Failures.
- Reports damages, defects, and other issues pertaining to mechanical equipment.
- Maintains record of service cycles and other maintenance activities conducted.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High School Education or GED equivalent.
- Some maintenance mechanic experience desired.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrates good mechanical aptitude, ability to read and follow instructions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read blueprints preferable.
- Demonstrates good arithmetic skills.
- Fluent English written and verbal, and legible handwriting.
- Must be able to maintain acceptable competency evaluations at orientation and at least annually.
- Good motor control and manual dexterity for operating equipment
- Average to above average body strength
- Ability to work from ladders, on roof tops, and in hot noisy areas
- Must have good stamina and be capable of performing tedious manual tasks
- Computer knowledge to work with a Computerized Maintenance Management Software Program to receive and complete documentation / workorders.
Reports to: Supervisor or Shift Leader
Positions Supervised: None