Front Office Coordinator PCD
Summary of Position:
Supervises all front office activities including patient and employer reception, payment acceptance and posting, medical records procedures, switchboard operations and all secretarial functions; Participates in the employee selection process by interviewing potential candidates; Orients and trains all new front office staff; Provides and coordinates in-services to staff to ensure continuous education. Audits patient accounts with timely follow-up to ensure payment collections; Implements policies and procedures; Ensures compliance with financial policies and audits, Processes referrals, Orders office/medical supplies. This position requires access to Protected Health Information (PHI). The information accessed is limited to the minimum necessary PHI required to perform the employee’s job (i.e. for claim processing, patient admissions, etc.). PHI is accessed through various computer applications, direct contact with the patient or family members and/or contact with hospital departments such as health information services, Case Management, and/or other hospital departments with whom interaction is necessary.
- Manage incoming calls from client companies, case managers, insurance adjusters and greet and triage patients
- Receive and process authorizations from employers/case managers for OccMed services
- Research referrals from ED to qualify injured employees for follow up at practice
- Document and update employer profiles and protocols in Practice Management System
- Ensure communication of all employer orders/protocols to back office/medical staff
- Process and distributes bills according to policies.
- Follow up and resolve past due OccMed payments with employers.
- For urgent care patients - verify insurance and obtain patient eligibility information
- Answers inquiries by phone regarding past-due accounts and insurance guidelines; researches incorrect addresses for past-due accounts.
- Contacts responsible party to resolve delinquent accounts; prepares payment plans and monitors adherence to plans by responsible party; directs delinquent accounts to manager for collection, when necessary.
- May contact attorneys, employers, adjusters, and others necessary to obtain information for resolution of credit and collection matters.
- Prepares reports to identify and resolve accounts receivable.
- Posts data; verifies and performs mathematical computations; maintains files.
- Manage daily monies collected and relevant reporting
- Composes and types routine correspondence, memos, letters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Back Office Duties:
- Initial patient work-up including ability to document medical history and vital signs
- Administer injections, venipuncture, lab tests, EKG – 12 Lead
- Instrument set-up/clean-up and patient communication/assistance
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or equivalent training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years Occupational/Medicine/Urgent Care front desk and clinical experience
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is a plus