HIM Operations Manager
Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
Job Summary: Manages HIM Record Processing, Record Analysis, Physician Completion, Release of Information, Birth Certificates, and the Master Patient Index in an electronic medical record environment, for the 3-hospital system: DM North Decatur, DM Hillandale, DM Decatur.
- Manages Record Processing team responsible for accounting for discharged medical records, locating missing records, identifying loose reports,
- Manages Record Analyst team responsible for analyzing medical records for compliance to hospital and regulatory standards, and interacting with the medical staff.
- Manages Release of Information team responsible for the control and release of medical records in accordance with HIPAA privacy standards and serves as liaison to our ROI partner.
- Manages Health Information Specialists responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Master Patient Index.
- Manages Birth Certificate Registration team and maintains compliance with State Vital Records standards.
- Serves as primary liaison with the medical staff about medical record completion requirements, incomplete records, and deferment of admitting privileges.
- Creates and maintains the Physician Delinquent Medical Record suspension list. Works with Chief of Staff in enforcing delinquent record penalties.
- Serves as primary contact with Document Imaging Services vendor re: the quality and integrity of the electronic medical record.
- Serves as Sys Admin for Sovera document imaging sys and back-up Sys Admin for EScription transcription system.
- Maintains a “scorecard” of key responsibilities and tracks regularly with the Director of Medical Records.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- RHIT; OR
- High School diploma and four years of experience in a hospital medical record department with at least two years of that experience performing record analysis.
- Must have strong technical and teaching ability for activities supervised.