Performs CT Scanning examination, contributing to the efficient operation of the department and promoting the philosophy, to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their certification and assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Performs various diagnostic CT exams to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care.
- Coordinates inpatient examinations to facilitate outpatient scheduled examinations when applicable.
- Maintains daily patient CT log documenting correctly and accurately patient information to ensure quality patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize patient care and set priorities by providing critical care first and by implementing the physician’s orders.
- Performs proper computer skills and shows working knowledge of patient orders, status changes, patient charges, and profiles.
- Operates equipment according to operational standards.
- Maintains equipment, room and supplies in assigned areas.
- Practices radiation safety.
- Assists in student training and supervision.
- Manages workflow within each unit efficiently.
- Checks request for examination/procedures and clinical information.
- Performs and documents patient screening procedures.
- Prepares patient/room for radiographic procedures and explains procedures to patients.
- Assists patients when entering examination room and explains procedures to patients and families.
- Contributes to continuum of patient care by communicating intra- and interdepartmentally.
- Provides assistance to physicians or other technologist in the performance of more complex procedures.
- Attends in-services required by DeKalb Medical Center and Imaging Services
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited radiologic technology program
- Registered or registry eligible by ARRT, in CT scan, registered preferred
- One year experience working as a CT scan technologist preferred.
- BCLS certified
- Trained with appropriate departmental procedure check-offs in three (3) or more modalities
- Ability to operate CT equipment; manage patients during radiologic procedure; follow oral and written instructions; communicate with patients, visitors, and employees within the organization.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge and use of appropriate equipment in assigned modality
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to plan and act effectively in an emergency situation
- Well organized and systematic in work processes
- Ability to use personal computer
- Ability to hear alarms, phones, intercoms
- Ability to see, read, and write
- Ability to remain calm and provide excellent service even in stressful situations and in dealing with a variety of diverse people.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and distinctly in English
- Function independently after orientation
- Ability to monitor the patient’s condition and respond accordingly
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Reports to: Floor supervisors, Manager, Technical Director, Radiologists
Positions Supervised: Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound or Vascular Lab students as applicable