Imager Mammography I (PRN)
Responsible for performing a variety of imaging procedures with minimal supervision. Performs mammography exams, screening, and diagnostic studies, and needle localizations according to physicians’ orders, utilizing mammography equipment. Works with the physicians and all other staff members to ensure patient care is performed with the highest quality and efficiency.
- Performs diagnostic x-rays of the breast.
- Participates in film management.
- Prepare patient/room for radiographic procedure and explains procedure to patient.
- Determine patients’ x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians.
- Process exposed radiographs using film processors or computer generated methods.
- Provide assistance in radiopharmaceutical administration, monitoring patients’ vital signs and notifying, radiologist of any relevant changes.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment.
- Use technical skills to obtain quality images.
- Assist patients when entering examination room and explain procedures.
- Adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Operate computer systems to include BBOC, PACS, SCM, Tempus, E File ShareProvide assistance to physicians or other technologist in the performance of more complex procedures.
- Complete quality control activities, monitor equipment operation, and report malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Provide documentation if incidents occur
- Collect and maintain records of patients examined, examinations performs, medical histories, etc.
- Perform general administrative tasks.
- Assists in student training and supervision/act as mentor to student assigned in room/service.
- Actively participate in the assessment and improvement of the quality of patient care and departmental services, under the direction of the Supervisor and/or Manager, the Technical Director of Imaging Services, associated medical staff departments, committee chairperson and the QC/PI Coordinator.
- Maintain current file of examination protocols.
- Contribute to continuum of patient care by communicating intra- and interdepartmentally
- Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies.
- Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Registered preferred or registry eligible by ARRT
- BCLS Certified
- Attend inservices required by DeKalb Medical Center and Imaging Services Specific
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to remain calm and provide excellent service even in stressful situations and in dealing with a variety of diverse people
- Provide care with ability to bend/stoop/stand/squat 70% of the time
- Ability to push stretchers, wheelchairs, and beds, and transfer adult patients from wheelchair or from bed or vice versa 50% of the time
- Ability to transport patients via wheelchair and/or stretcher and transfer patients to and from x-ray tables using proper body mechanics
- Ability to hear alarms, phones, intercoms
- Ability to see, read, and write