IT Medical Training and Support Specialist
Training and Support Specialist - IT - DeKalb Medical Physicians Group
Due to recent promotion, DMPG is seeking an experienced IT professional. 3+ years’ experience with training and support of physician practice management/EMR required. Associates degree plus clinical discipline preferred. Public speaking required along with excellent customer service.
Apply today at www.dekalbmedical.org
The Training and Support Specialist-DMPG functions as an analyst in the training and support of systems designed to clinical practice EMR and/or physician practice management objectives. Responsible for formulating training material and workflow standards and also delivering associated training classes. Training may also be related to level 1 support through the DMPG Help Desk. Participates in required system upgrade planning, testing, implementation, and on-going support of clinical / PPM systems. Responsible for developing and delivering initial and on-going employee education to support new and existing clinical / PPM system. Serves as liaison to users and the IT department. Investigates solutions to issues and presents recommendations to management. Considers the business and clinical implications of technology to the current business environment.
1. Maintains Clinical/Business Systems documentation on an on-going basis
• Participates in the testing of all NextGen applications upgrades. Reviews white papers to assist in identifying the new system changes.
• Use authorized troubleshooting methods and tools to identify system issues. This includes meeting with customers, analyzing problems, and coordinate solutions with other analysts within IT and/or the vendor.
• Develops and conducts educational classes and curricula to educate clinical users on various clinical systems and specific Physician Practice systems. Maintains educational documentation to fulfill competency requirements on system usage required for regulatory and other accreditation agencies.
• Supports on- going training by taking calls on the DMPG Help Desk
• Responsible for implementation of feedback mechanisms/systems to ensure appropriate levels of security, reliability, quality and clinical user satisfaction are maintained.
• Assumes on-call support for all information systems on a rotational basis.
2. Enhances existing Clinical/PPMl Systems
• Presents ideas for improvement to leadership and Implementation Administrator in conjunction with user areas. Offer solutions on how to improve workflow.
• Document all system modifications and enhancements and updates training material as needed.
• Ensure that all changes are tested and that sign off is obtained from the user department. Ensure users are educated on all changes.
• Conducts site visits to evaluate work flows and staff competencies on the EHR/PM system.
• Provides written documentation of objective findings related to site visits and training classes.
• Facilitate communication to/between Nursing, Physicians, other clinical staff, and other non-clinical areas. Attend inter-department committee meetings as an IT representative.
3. Project Management
• May be involved in various projects and performs project tasks within time frame of the plan. Prepare simple written plans for tasks as required.
• Keep abreast of innovations in workflow best practices and training; make recommendations on new systems and solutions.
4. Develops technical competencies
• Possess the aptitude to grasp basic to intermediate and technology concepts that will facilitate troubleshooting, design, training, and system effectiveness.
5. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
6. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
• An Associate Degree in relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
• 3+ years’ experience with training and support of physician practice management/EMR
Preferred Education, Experience and Licensure
• Associates Degree in CIS and Clinical discipline
• Experience with electronic health records, health care data, Microsoft Office
• Strong documentation skills, effective problem solving skills, self-direction/initiative, and a commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction
• Knowledge of healthcare clinical systems
• Experience or exposure to help desk procedures a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Skill and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
• Skill and ability to learn and support new technologies and applications
• Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public-speaking, and in writing
• Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
• Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
• Skill and ability to plan and organize and participate in multiple projects
• Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
• Demonstrated ability to adapt technical solutions to complex business situations and strategies
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to determine best use of system and accuracy of data
Reports to: Process and Implementation Administrator
Positions Supervised: Implementation Specialist - DMPG