Manager Centralized Scheduling
The Centralized Scheduling Manager is responsible and accountable for the management of the reporting departments including strategic, tactical and operational oversight, ensures the volume of work meets production/service standards and meets and/or exceeds quality standards. Designs and changes processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of core functions. Successful management of patient access is critical in enhancing the patient experience, customer/physician satisfaction, timely payment processes, and preventing payment denials.
This position ensures the delivery of superior customer service while minimizing hospital, physician and patient exposure to complaints and financial loss. The incumbent will support the department Director in attaining department quality and productivity standards.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Bachelor Degree required and related Healthcare Revenue Cycle experience.
· Three – five (3 – 5) years of experience in a Central Scheduling, Patient Access, Patient Financial Services, or related healthcare environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Must be able to deal constructively with conflict; collect, analyze and interpret data from a variety of sources and take appropriate action.
· A working knowledge of principles and practices of department administration, including methods and techniques used in program management and development, planning, organization and financial and personnel reporting practices.
· Medical terminology (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT knowledge, etc.).
· Understanding of revenue cycle and regulatory guidelines such as CMS, EMTALA, and HIPAA.
· Must be able to plan, organize and coordinate varied and complex operations, present ideas effectively, orally and in writing to a diverse audience. Professional attitude and appearance.
· Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Must be able to select, supervise, train and evaluate employees
· Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
· Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work.
· Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.