Manager Laboratory Services
1. Oversees all technical procedures and policies in the department to ensure accurate and timely service.
2. Develops policies and procedures for the North Decatur and Hillandale Blood Banks with input from and approval of the Medical Directors and the Laboratory Administrative Director.
3. Oversees activities of the department to ensure compliance with regulatory agency standards, including but not limited to the Quality System Plan.
4. Evaluates and recommends capital equipment purchases.
5. Plans for adequate inventories of supplies, reagents, and blood products.
6. Works with IS supervisory staff to ensure proper functioning of the Blood Bank module.
7. Participates in and conducts in-service education programs.
8. Responsible for setting standards of quality performance for department.
9. Ensures payroll records are completed and monitors and controls salary and non-salary costs in department.
10. Seeks process improvements, innovations and cost reduction strategies.
11. Oversee the functions of the department to ensure smooth workflow.
12. Ensures compliance with independent regulatory agency standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
13. Participates in the DeKalb Medical Laboratory Process Improvement Committee activities to ensure process improvement efforts are monitored and improvements observed as applicable.
14. Establishes and/or maintains the Technical Services Quality System Plan documentation for North Decatur and Hillandale Blood Banks.
15. Designs, implements, and evaluates outcome of QA projects for North Decatur and Hillandale Blood Banks.
16. Performs/reviews internal audits of the North Decatur and Hillandale Blood Banks to determine level of compliance with regulatory agencies, adherence to procedural guidelines, and the effectiveness of the quality system.
17. Adheres to all laboratory safety policies, exposure control, infection control, hazardous materials, chemical hygiene, and fire and assures employee adherence to safety policies.
18. Participates in and conducts training classes for DeKalb Medical staff as required.
19. Attends job-related professional seminars, conferences, conventions, workshops and shares information with hospital and department staff.
20. Represents the laboratory and DeKalb Medical to the community, medical staff and other groups as appropriate.
21. Participates in training employees and documenting Performance checklists.
22. Participates in job related inservices/programs either by external seminars, hospital education programs, departmental inservices or research and reports.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· B.S. degree in Medical Technology or related field, Masters degree preferable in Laboratory Science or Business.
· Certification by a recognized agency, and fulfillment of all requirements of the Georgia Department of Human Resources for Laboratory Supervisor.
· Minimum of five (5) years Laboratory technical experience, including at least two (2) years supervisory experience.