Medical Assistant - Float Pool (PRN)
Medical Assistant (Certified MA) Float Pool - PRN DeKalb Medical Physicians Group
This position is created to improve support for DMPG Physician Practices as we continue to grow with the goal of finding the right fit for a part time or full time opportunity. Monday - Friday, Day shift
- The Medical Assistant performs a variety of medically related tasks by assisting the doctor or nurse in providing direct patient care.
- Responsible for assisting patients in basic orientation to the physician practice, preparing exam room, taking patient's vital signs and assisting physician with exam.
- Administers injections and performs basic phlebotomy.
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to work at all DeKalb Medical Physicians Group Clinics located throughout the Atlanta area as this is a Float Pool position
- Minimum of 3 days a week, work up to 5 days a week
- Travel from Flat Shoals to Lilburn required.
- Minimum of at least 1 year recent MA experience working in a physicians office preferred.
- Completion of MA training program required.
- MA Certification strongly preferred.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
- NextGen experience preferred.
- CPR/BLS required.
Apply on-line at www.dekalbmedical.org
- Provides care to site specific patient age groups.
- Assists provider with clinical duties including examination preparation and obtaining vital signs, injections, venipuncture, lab tests, EKG’s, x-rays (as applicable) and other necessary tests and procedures as instructed.
- Assists with other back office duties such as filing, prescription refills, delivery of specimens, patient referrals and stocking exam rooms.
- Communicates with the patient as directed by the provider.
- Assists with procedures including, but not limited to, instrument set-up, patient set-up, instrument clean-up and patient assistance. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Successful graduation of a Medical Assistant Program required.
- Current CMA / RMA preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Minimum of one year medical assistant experience preferred.