Medical Assistant PCD
Certified Medical Assistant - Part time - Days - DeKalb Medical Physicians Group: Decatur GA
DMPG is seeking an experienced MA for a busy, high performing, primary care practice. MA training and certification along with CPR/BLS card required.
A minimum of 1 year of experience preferred in a physicians practice. Great customer service skills required, NextGen experience a plus.
Float between front and back office - insurance verification, patient scheduling, collect payments.
Weekdays, day shift, 20 hours a week.
Apply on-line at www.dekalbmedical.org/careers today.
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
The Medical Assistant performs a variety of medically related tasks by assisting the doctor or nurse in providing direct patient care. Responsible for assisting patients in basic orientation to the facility, preparing exam room, taking patient's vital signs and assisting physician with exam. Administers injections and performs basic phlebotomy. Must be certified through accredited program. Must have reliable transportation and the ability to work at all DeKalb Medical Physicians Group Clinics located throughout the Atlanta Area. As this is a Float Pool position, there is absolutely no guarantee that hours will be available on a regular basis.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Provides care to site specific patient age groups.
- Assists provider with clinical duties including examination preparation and obtaining vital signs, injections, venipuncture, lab tests, EKG’s, x-rays (as applicable) and other necessary tests and procedures as instructed.
- Assists with other back office duties such as filing, prescription refills, delivery of specimens, patient referrals and stocking exam rooms.
- Communicates with the patient as directed by the provider.
- Assists with procedures including, but not limited to, instrument set-up, patient set-up, instrument clean-up and patient assistance. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
- Required to travel throughout the Atlanta Area.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program, equivalent training or experience is required.
- CPR certification required.
- Minimum of one year medical assistant experience as well as pediatric experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates tact, versatility, and dependability.
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Effective team member.
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Reports to: Minimum to maximum from the Back Office Supervisor/Consultant and the Provider
Positions Supervised: None