Medical Practice Manager Opening with DeKalb Medical Physicians Group: Rockbridge area
Seeking an experienced practice manager over busy surgical practice. Leads front and back office teams while providing top quality care and customer service. Utilize your revenue cycle, process improvement, engagement and experience skills. 5 years of healthcare management or BA preferred. NextGen experience a plus!
Apply on-line at www.dekalbmedical.org
The Practice Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the physician practice(s) to include oversight of financial, operations and personnel management. The Practice Manager establishes and maintains an effective operating environment ensuring high quality patient service and satisfaction.
Practice Manager level is assigned based on multiple factors including practice volume, number of practice providers, specialty and complexity.
- Supervises and prioritizes all front office and back office work activities. Evaluates operational effectiveness and monitors delivery of patient services, including reviewing physician activity to ensure efficient patient flow. Modifies activities as necessary to meet the demands of the practice(s).
- Maintains staff and provider schedules to ensure optimal operational effectiveness.
- Handles patient complaints and reviews quality assurance information relating to practice and patient care issues.
- Directs all billing and collecting procedures, including reviewing records, proper medical coding and adherence to billing regulations.
- Audits patient accounts with timely follow-up to ensure payment collections.
- Develops and implements marketing plan to promote practice growth opportunities.
- Ensures compliance with DMPG operational and financial policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations to include HIPAA, OSHA and other similar regulations.
- Supervises ordering of office/medical supplies to ensure adequate inventory.
- Establishes and monitors agreed upon operational, financial and clinical performance measures and goals
- Consistently exhibits excellent customer service skills in all interactions with staff, patients and families. Establishes this as an expectation of all staff and actively monitors compliance with this expectation.
- Coordinates quarterly physician meeting and monthly staff meetings
- Manages practice staff within established budget to facilitate effective services as follows:
- Interviews, selects, trains, and supervises staff. Evaluates performance, making recommendations for personnel actions and motivation of employees to achieve superior performance.
- Oversees time and attendance coordination for assigned staff, including monitoring overtime and productivity managing timekeeping in Kronos.
- Monitors departmental budget. Explaining variances >5% Ensures appropriate provision and utilization of resources.
- Actively participates in setting, monitoring and achieving goals for the practice
- Promotes and facilitates continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- BA Preferred
- Minimum 5 Years experience in management position in healthcare physician setting if no degree (healthcare experience preferred)
- Basic knowledge of Revenue Cycle Management
- Demonstrated track record of effective interaction with physicians, staff and system department staff.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound problem solving, and decision-making
- Demonstrates tact, versatility and adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates a high degree of self motivation and directional initiative
- Skill in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public
Reports to: Director Operations
Positions Supervised or Directed: Front and back office staff