Monitor Technician CCU
Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
The Monitor Technician CCU examines heartbeat patterns on electrocardiograph monitors.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Makes note of irregular rhythms and monitors changes in heartbeat.
- Ensures that monitors are functioning properly.
- Function within scope of their documented skills
- Organizes time, supplies and equipment efficiently and effectively.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
*Reports to: Nurse Manger, Nurse Clinical Coordinator, or Nurse RN
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated EKG proficiency and fist line interventions for lethal arrhythmias.