Nurse Admin Supervisor PRN
- Directs and supports the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of delivery of patient care.
- Responsible for shift to shift staffing adjustments.
- Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course of the shift .Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator. Determines need to contact Administrator on Call.
- Handles behavioral and disciplinary issues among the staff as needed. Reports any staff behavioral or disciplinary issues to the appropriate manager or leader.
- Responsible for notifying the administrator on call of any potentially litigious, publicly reportable, or sentinel events or other major issues that could affect the facility.
- Oversight of patient complaints and service recovery efforts.
- Initiates and oversees all emergency response plans as needed in the absence of an administrator.
- Manages and facilitates safe and efficient throughput efforts in order to provide appropriate level of care for the patients.
- Collaborates with unit leadership on decisions regarding patient care service.
- Ensures that regulatory standards are met in accordance with State and JC guidelines.
- Actively participates in setting, monitoring and achieving goals for the department.
- Promotes and facilitates continuous quality improvement activities to ensure the provision of and improvement upon safe and quality patient care.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Graduate of accredited school of nursing
· Current Georgia license to practice as a R.N
· Minimum of one year of supervisory experience
· B.S. in Nursing preferred
· BLS Certified
· ACLS Certified
· Within six (6) months of employment, must obtain certification in National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS), Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) and National Incident Management System (NIMS)