Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
Under the direct supervision of licensed personnel, performs basic direct and indirect patient care duties in support of the treatment and care of patients. Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Performs various duties assisting staff nurses in the treatment and care of patients in accordance with the established methods and procedure of the hospital.
- Contributes to efficient departmental operations in order to control cost and insure productivity by organizes and utilizing time, supplies, and equipment efficiently and effectively.
- Assists patients with completing personal hygiene needs, including bathing, grooming, skin care, oral hygiene, dressing, and toileting needs.
- Assists patients with certain medications or treatments, which are ordered, self administered by the physician, supervised, and approved by a nurse.
- Monitors vital signs indicated in the care plan and reports any variation from normal readings to a designee or Nurse in a timely manner.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients
- Observes and reports any minor changes in patient’s mental, physical, or home situation, or emotional conditions.
- Completes required documentation and submit to health care team in a timely and accurate manner.
- Retrieves patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Releases information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Interacts effectively with patients, families, and team members.
- Records patient information, including diagnostic procedures, treatment, and history.
- Promotes patient’s mental alertness by involving them in activities
- Assists in routine maintenance and maintains upkeep of patient rooms to ensure a of safe clean and orderly environment.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Participants work side by side with a Registered Nurse and apply theoretical knowledge to everyday patient care situations.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Qualified students must either be a junior or senior in an Associate or Bachelors degree-nursing program in an accredited institution.
· Nursing student must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above.
· Must be accepted into a nursing school within an accredited institution.
· Must be in a clinical rotation, or have completed at least one clinical rotation.
· Must be available to work during: Christmas holidays, summer and four (4) days per month to include one weekend shift per month.
· Must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from their nursing instructors.
· Preference will be given to those with no previous disciplinary problems including attendance, customer service and work performance.
· Current DeKalb Medical employees must complete a transfer request along with a letter of recommendation from supervisor.
· This program is limited to two years only. When he/she graduates from nursing school he/she will be required to transfer into another position or resign.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance procedure manuals.
· Ability to speak effectively with physicians, patients and others.
· Ability to handle complex problems or health issues of patients.
· Ability to compute rate, percent and ratio to interpret and draw bar graphs.
· Demonstrates tact, versatility, and dependability.
· Positive attitude and demeanor
· Effective team member.
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Candidates must be a in an accredited Associates or Bachelors nursing program in either their junior or senior year.
- Have completed at least 1 clinical rotation
- Has acquired and maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above
- 48 hours availability within a 4 week schedule, to include weekends and holidays.