Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with experience working in a physician's office needed to lead back office Medical Assistants in busy practice. Superior customer service skills along with attention to detail required. NextGen experience is a plus. Bilingual an even bigger plus!
Apply today at www.dekalbmedical.org
Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
The Nurse LPN performs assigned nursing procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
1. Provides a wide variety of patient activities and accommodative services for assigned patients.
2. Collaborates with provider in providing patient care.
3. Organizes time, supplies, and equipment efficiently and effectively.
4. Participates in professional organizations and activities which promote growth and development.
5. Displays appropriate interpersonal relationships, communicates effectively.
6. Collaborates with RN to perform ongoing assessments, interventions, and evaluation of patient care.
7. Documents patient care provided.
8. Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
9. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
• Graduate of accredited technical school.
• Current Georgia license to practice as a LPN
• BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Demonstrates tact, versatility, and dependability.
• Effective team member.
• Excellent customer service skills and strong drive to provide compassionate care.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Strong communication skills with ability to effectively communicate technical information to patients and families.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
• Basic computer skills
• Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
• Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Reports to: Practice Manager