Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant: DeKalb Medical Physicians Group
Openings include: Flat Shoals, Stone Mountain, Beaver Ruin and Killian Hill areas
Primary Care Practice - Monday - Friday - No Call - No Nights
Join our fast growing network of Dekalb Medical Physicians Group. We are looking for experienced NP/PAs to join our existing, growing physicians group.
Qualified candidates will have at least two years of primary care clinical experience as a NP or PA. NextGen EMR experience a plus.
High quality patient care and superior customer service required. Individual access to cutting edge quality reporting tool to help providers achieve better quality outcomes.
Dekalb Medical offers:
- Competitive Pay with bonus potential
- Full Benefits Package
- Generous CME allotment and Paid Time Off
Please apply on-line at www.dekalbmedical.org.
Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients as part of an outpatient primary care practice, under the direction of a supervising physician.
1. Meets competency based standards of practice according to certification and facility policy and procedures, code of conducts and board requirements;
2. Obtains comprehensive patient histories and physicals;
3. Performs physical examinations including screening examinations;
4. Orders and/or performs routine diagnostic procedures;
5. Identifies normal and abnormal findings on histories, physical examinations and commonly performed diagnostic studies;
6. Assesses patients and develop and implement age-appropriate treatment plans for patients using evidenced based clinical practice guidelines, standards of practice and current research and literature;
7. Monitors effectiveness of therapeutic interventions;
8. Reviews assessment and plan of care and collaborate with physician in accordance with the federal, state, local laws and regulations;
9. Exercises prescriptive authority to prescribe according to federal, state and local laws and regulations;
10. Makes appropriate referrals to both physicians, specialists and community resources;
11. Collaborates with physician and other health care disciplines regarding patient care as appropriate to achieving quality outcomes;
12. Performs documentation and prescriptive audits in accordance with the federal, state and local laws and regulations;
13. Performs developmental, well exams and preventive care screening exams;
14. Performs wound care management: suturing, incision and drainage of uncomplicated superficial abscess, removal superficial foreign bodies, biopsy of superficial lesion;
15. Administration of intravenous fluids;
16. Administration, monitoring or maintaining local anesthesia as defined by the federal, state and local laws;
17. Performs procedures as defined by discipline scope of practice and facility by-laws;
18. Provides patient education, coaching, counseling;
19. Participates in quality outcome initiatives;
20. Participates in practice efficiencies, fiscal responsibility, and practice initiatives;
21. Maintains all licensure and compliance laws and regulations according to federal, state, and local laws and regulations;
22. Maintains certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (“CPR”);
23. Participates in professional development through participation in professional organizations, student preceptor, staff education, research and conferences, presentations, publishing and educational initiatives;
24. Exhibits professional and leadership style that promotes patient, peer and supervisory satisfaction;
25. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and board certified as an adult or family nurse practitioner and eligible for a Georgia license with authorization to practice as a nurse practitioner
• Graduate of an accredited Masters level Physician Assistant program with current certification from the NCCPA.
• Must be eligible for NP/PA licensure in the state of Georgia.
• Minimum two years clinical experience with a preference for primary care.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Skill and ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
• Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
• Skill and ability to plan and organize and manage multiple projects
• Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
• Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Knowledge and skill to gather and summarize data from multiple sources and analyze using common statistical functions
• Skill and ability to manage internal and external relationships
• Skill and ability to lead and take initiative
• Candidate must be very flexible and able to work in a challenging and unpredictable clinic environment.
• Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
• Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.