Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to deliver excellent patient care and practice at the top of your license? Join the team of high quality Advanced Practice Providers with DeKalb Medical Physicians Group.
Our Physicians Group is currently recruiting for experienced Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners for our Primary Care practices.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a great working environment.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and board certified as an adult or family Nurse Practitioner and eligible for a Georgia license with authorization to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Graduate of an accredited Masters level Physician Assistant program with current certification from the NCCPA. Must be eligible for PA licensure in the state of Georgia. Related experience is required.
Explore all opportunities and
learn more about our organization at
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients in an outpatient family or internal medicine practice, under the direction of a supervising physician.
1. Meet competency based standards of practice according to certification and facility policy and procedures, code of conducts and board requirements;
2. Obtain comprehensive patient histories and physicals;
3. Perform physical examinations including screening examinations;
4. Order and/or perform routine diagnostic procedures;
5. Identify normal and abnormal findings on histories, physical examinations and commonly performed diagnostic studies;
6. Assess patients and develop and implement age-appropriate treatment plans for patients using evidenced based clinical practice guidelines, standards of practice and current research and literature;
7. Monitor effectiveness of therapeutic interventions;
8. Review assessment and plan of care and collaborate with physician in accordance with the federal, state, local laws and regulations;
9. Exercise prescriptive authority to prescribe according to federal, state and local laws and regulations;
10. Make appropriate referrals to both physicians, specialists and community resources;
11. Collaborate with physician and other health care disciplines regarding patient care as appropriate to achieving quality outcomes;
12. Perform documentation and prescriptive audits in accordance with the federal, state and local laws and regulations;
13. Perform developmental, well exams and preventive care screening exams;
14. Perform wound care management: suturing, incision and drainage of uncomplicated superficial abscess, removal superficial foreign bodies, biopsy of superficial lesion;
15. Administration of intravenous fluids;
16. Administration, monitoring or maintaining local anesthesia as defined by the federal, state and local laws;
17. Perform procedures as defined by discipline scope of practice and facility by-laws;
18. Provide patient education, coaching, counseling;
19. Participate in quality outcome initiatives;
20. Participate in practice efficiencies, fiscal responsibility, and practice initiatives;
21. Maintain all licensure and compliance laws and regulations according to federal, state, and local laws and regulations;
22. Maintain certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (“CPR”);
23. Participate in professional development through participation in professional organizations, student preceptor, staff education, research and conferences, presentations, publishing and educational initiatives;
24. Be professional and use a leadership style that promotes patient, peer and supervisory satisfaction;
25. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and board certified as an adult or family nurse practitioner and possess a current Georgia license with authorization to practice as a nurse practitioner OR Graduate of an accredited Masters level Physician Assistant program with current certification from the NCCPA. Must be eligible for PA licensure in the state of Georgia. Preferred candidates will have at least two years clinical experience with a preference for internal medicine or family medicine.