Nurse RN Educator/Clinician
Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
Nurse RN Educator/Clinician
Departmental Approval Date:
HR Approval Date:
The RN Educator plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates education and training programs for Patient Care Services staff resulting in improved quality of care. Responsible for ensuring that research based methods and content are utilized in the delivery of education activities.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Actively participates in the assessment and identification of learning needs for assigned nursing units .
- Designs, develops and presents appropriate leaning solutions for identified needs considering different leaning styles of staff. Teaching methods include formal presentations and classroom training, skills lab, just in time training.
- Coordinates unit specific clinical orientation for new clinical employees.
- Coordinates formal/informal educational offerings for staff and members of the community.
- Participates in the revision / updating of staff competency validation tool based on formal needs assessments and standards.
- Evaluates effectiveness of teaching based on formal and informal feedback and observations.
- Facilitates ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and addresses problem prone areas in a timely manner
- Provides Leadership with feedback on employee performance and assists with staff development.
- Serve as a clinical resource for staff and members of the health care team.
10. Develops and/or revises policies, procedures and protocols and educates staff accordingly.
11. Maintains “real-time readiness” by ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies (JC, OSHA, HCFA).
12. Participates in system wide clinical education initiatives.
13. Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
14. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
15. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: