Nurse RN MSN - Clinical Nurse Educator (LTAC)
The Nurse RN MSN Educator plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates education and training programs for Patient Care Services staff resulting in improved quality of care. Responsible for ensuring that evidence based methods and content are utilized in the delivery of education activities.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Actively participates in the assessment and identification of learning needs for assigned nursing units.
- Designs, develops and presents appropriate learning solutions for identified needs considering different learning styles of staff. Teaching methods include formal presentations and classroom training, and skills activities training sessions.
- Coordinates unit specific clinical orientation for new clinical employees.
- Coordinates formal/informal educational offerings for staff.
- Participates in the revision/updating of staff competency validation toolsbased on formal needs, assessments and standards.
- Evaluates effectiveness of teaching based on formal and informal feedback and observations.
- Facilitates ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and addresses problem prone areas in a timely manner.
- Provides leadership with feedback on employee performance and assists with staff development.
- Serves as a clinical resource for staff and members of the health care team.
- Participates in development and/or revision of policies, procedures and protocols and educates staff accordingly.
- Maintains continued readiness by ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies (JC, OSHA, HCFA).
- Participates in system wide clinical education initiatives.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Current Georgia RN license
- MSN required
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in clinical education preferred
- American Heart Association ACLS, BLS and PALS Instructor preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and electronic documentation
- Experience in directing, teaching and supervising nursing personnel preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent classroom presentation skills and strong facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and generate new education ideas
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and motivate staff and develop relationships across units
- Excellent verbal/written English communication skills
- Self directed and innovative
- Ability to function as a strong leader and team member
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrates awareness of cultural diversity in interacting with others
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.