Nurse RN- Resource Pool - Weekends Only!
Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to evaluate, direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Assesses patient health problems and needs, develops and implements nursing care plans, and maintains medical records.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Delivers patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Assesses patient's condition, including biophysical, psychosocial, age specific needs, and safety needs.
- Documents patient's status according to organizational policies and procedures.
- Develops an individualized plan of care utilizing the nursing and medical diagnoses.
- Collaborates with other health care team members in formulating plan of care to ensure optimum patient outcomes and continuity of care.
- Monitors, implements, and evaluates patient status, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care, and outcomes of the care provided on assigned patients.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, including patient and family instruction, health promotion, disease management and discharge planning.
- Provides supervision and guidance to Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and other non-licensed clinical support staff in delivering interdisciplinary patient care.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities to ensure the provision and improvement of safe and quality patient care.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to and exhibits DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
*Reports to: Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current GA Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
- Additional certifications may be required