Occupational Therapist PRN
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for appropriately managing the therapeutic needs of patients with functional disorders and loss, such as fine motor, visual perceptual, cognitive, and self-care abilities and skills through independent utilization of judgment skills and critical decision-making. Provides preventive, rehabilitative, adaptive and palliative care to both inpatients and outpatients.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Conducts patient evaluation and assessment through the collection of comprehensive data necessary to evaluate patient needs accurately.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plan of care for patients.
- Formulates realistic short term and long term treatment goals in conjunction with the patient/family. Establishes time frames for goal achievement.
- Counsels and educates patients/family members about fine motor disorders, developmental delays, limitations in self-care and other activities of daily living or cognitive remediation and the psychological and social effects.
- Monitors patient progress and revises treatment plans as needed.
- Recommends and oversees fit of upper extremity orthotic and prosthetic devices.
- Collaborates with nursing staff and other members of the health care team regarding each patient.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on the patient medical record, all Occupational Therapy treatments, assessments, interpretations and evaluations performed for the inpatient and outpatient populations.
- Arranges referral of patients for additional services, consulting with attending physician as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting new employees and ensuring competency of individuals under the Occupational Therapist supervision to provide delivery of care.
- Facilitates meeting of Rehab Results Group and DeKalb Medical Center objectives through maintenance of professional standards, competency, and participation in appropriate work groups.
- Maintains patient safety by providing appropriate level of supervision.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Bachelors Degree from an accredited school in Occupational Therapy required
· Masters Degree from an accredited school in Occupational Therapy preferred
· Licensed in the state of Georgia in Occupational Therapy
· Membership and participation in the American Occupational Therapy Association and Georgia Occupational Therapy Association is desirable
· Certification required?
· Years of experience? Hospital setting experience? Required or preferred?