Operations Support Associate
The Operations Support Associate performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties in support of nursing unit operations. Prepares, compiles, and maintains patient and operational records in patient care areas. Facilitates an efficient, cooperative and effective work environment.
- Provides customer service support to patients, guests, and staff by answering general questions, providing directions and paging requested individual(s), etc.
- Answers phone and responds to Nurse Call system promptly and with courtesy. Directs calls and routes messages as appropriate.
- Maintains medical records and releases physician orders as directed.
- Maintains patient census and completes bed reconciliation report in computer system.
- Assists with requesting and assigning patient beds.
- Collects, updates and distributes appropriate paperwork, reports and forms as necessary.
- Ensures nurse station is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- As directed, orders supplies and equipment in accurate and timely manner according to priority.
- Organizes time, supplies, equipment, forms and charts efficiently and effectively.
- Communicates with various departments, staff, and physicians.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Certification or diploma from a qualified Patient Care Technician program or Medical Assistant program or three (3) years equivalent experience.
- Preferred qualifications include experience as a unit secretary in a healthcare environment.
- Position is required to pass a computerized competency test prior to employment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates tact, versatility and dependability
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work with detailed, confidential material
- Demonstrates awareness of cultural diversity in interacting with others.
- Ability to work independently
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in keyboarding and possesses basic computer skills.
Reports to: Nurse Manager, Nurse Clinical Coordinator or Staff Nurse
Positions Supervised: None