The Emergency Department Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for the provision of comprehensive clinical pharmacy services for the ED and all associated areas (i.e. Urgent Care, Trauma, Rapid Medical Evaluation, and Clinical Decision Unit) including pharmacokinetic and therapeutic consultations. This will be done through integrated drug distribution support and clinical intervention services. The Emergency Department Clinical Pharmacist may provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Pharmacy Doctorate from an accredited school of Pharmacy required
· Completed a PGY1 (Pharmacy Practice Residency) with experience in Emergency Department practice. A specialized clinical residency in emergency care/ambulatory care/critical care is preferred.
· Current registration and licensure with the Georgia Board of Pharmacy
· Minimum of one year hospital pharmacy experience.
· Familiarity with current hospital drug distribution systems and progressive pharmacy services