Physical Therapist /Weekender
The Physical Therapist is responsible for appropriately managing the therapeutic needs of patients with functional disorders and loss, including gross motor balance/coordination, orthopedic, and neurological dysfunctions through independent utilization of judgment skills and critical decision-making. Provides preventive, rehabilitative, adaptive and palliative care to both inpatients and outpatients.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Conducts patient evaluation and assessment through the collection of comprehensive data necessary to evaluate patient needs accurately.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plan of care for patients.
- Formulates realistic short term and long term treatment goals in conjunction with the patient/family. Establishes time frames for goal achievement.
- Counsels and educates patients/family members about gross motor function/mobility, developmental delays, neurological dysfunction and/or non-pharmacological pain management and the psychological and social effects.
- Monitors patient progress and revises treatment plans as needed.
- Recommends and oversees fit of lower extremity orthotic and prosthetic devices.
- Collaborates with nursing staff and other members of the health care team regarding each patient.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on the patient medical record, all Physical Therapy treatments, assessments, interpretations and evaluations performed for the inpatient and outpatient populations.
- Arranges referral of patients for additional services, consulting with attending physician as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting new employees and ensuring competency of individuals under the Physical Therapist supervision to provide delivery of care.
- Facilitates meeting of Rehab Results Group and DeKalb Medical Center objectives through maintenance of professional standards, competency, and participation in appropriate work groups.
- Maintains patient safety by providing appropriate level of supervision.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Bachelors degree from and accredited school in Physical Therapy required
- Masters degree from an accredited school in Physical Therapy preferred
- Licensed in the state of Georgia in Physical Therapy.
- Membership and participation in the American Physical Therapy Association and Georgia Physical Therapy Association preferred