Release of Information
Ensures that documentation required for coding, billing, and patient care is retrieved and captured in a timely manner.
- Monitors “Missing Documentation” queue in coding application and processes Coder requests for missing documentation.
- Contacts physician offices or treatment areas and actively pursues the missing documentation until it is resolved.
- If necessary, personally picks up documents from treatment areas.
- Once retrieved, verifies that documents have populated the legal medical record (Sovera), then clears the missing documentation queue.
- Develops an ongoing rapport with physician offices and treatment areas to ensure timely release of documents to HIM.
- Informs HIM Operations Manager of documentation compliance issues and escalates resolution per protocol.
- Assists with Release of Information processing, as applicable.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure/Certifications Required:
- High School diploma; some college preferred.
- AHIMA certification is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills are required, especially experience entering data into computer systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office is desired, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with the typical patient medical record content is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Reports to: HIM Operations Manager
- Positions Supervised: none