Retail Sales Associate
The Gift Shop Sales Associate should possess a positive, outgoing, and caring attitude toward all customers, patients and employees of DeKalb Medical and be willing to go above and beyond to ensure that our guests have a positive experience while visiting our campus. The Sales Associate is a sales leader and demonstrates the ability to learn the value of any and all products sold in the Gift Shops in order to use this information as a selling tool. The ability to contribute and function within a team environment is a must, being accountable to all tasks required of each team member.
1. Greets each customer with a smile as they enter the Gift Shop.
2. Builds customer clientele by making customer satisfaction the top priority.
3. Effectively implements store priorities to achieve sales and service goals.
4. Promptly processes all register transactions efficiently and accurately.
5. Stays informed of new products, their features and benefits, to communicate that knowledge to the customer.
6. Increases average ticket sales through suggestive selling and add-on opportunities.
7. Assists is re-stocking and replenishing products to the selling floor daily.
8. Maintain all planograms for everyday in-stock items.
9. Merchandise new items onto the selling floor as specified by the Merchandise Coordinator.
10. Assures that the store is neat and clean and that there are sufficient supplies available.
11. Accurately completes all receiving documents, markdown requests, and transfer directives.
12. Completes the end of day paperwork accurately and ensures that the cash drawer balances.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High School Diploma
· 3-4 years experience in a Retail Store environment
· Experience in selling, receiving, opening/closing registers, and merchandising
· Demonstrated experience working independently.
· Ability to work a flexible retail work schedule
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Basic PC Skills/Knowledge Required
· POS system experience Required
· Ability to efficiently operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store, including but not limited to a computer, fax/copy machine, cash drawer, etc.
· Basic Math skills required