RN - Emergency Room Patient Flow Coordinator
The Flow Coordinator is a registered professional nurse who has the authority and responsibility for directing patient flow within the Emergency Department. Responsible for coordinating department functions with the operations of other hospital departments to maximize patient flow and inter-departmental efficiency. Will act as the leadership sponsor for ED throughput metrics. Ensures patient satisfaction through the use of patient and family leadership rounds, AIDET, and responding to service recovery opportunities. Assigns duties to professional nursing personnel in accordance with physicians’ instructions, based on patients’ and unit needs and available staff. She/he is responsible for the implementation of operational policies and procedures necessary to meet these objectives. This position is responsible for coordinating, guiding and monitoring the professional nursing practice and patient-centered care throughout the Emergency Department. The Flow Coordinator will collaborate with other professionals to maintain patient care standards that align with mission, vision and values. She/he will be specifically responsible for managing and monitoring patient care standards carried out by nursing personnel. This position reports directly to the ED Clinical Coordinator.
Essential Functions: In collaboration with system leadership, the ED Flow Coordinator is responsible for:
- Directs and supports the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of delivery of care for assigned area (s).
- Coordinates efficient throughput for all ED patients (follows up on labs, diagnostics, medication administration, nurse to nurse reporting, discharge/admission processes, and transportation of patients).
- Ensures staff have access to equipment and supplies to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Coordinates EMS arrivals, triage, and room placement with primary care team.
- Participates as leadership sponsor for system throughput committee, EMS committee and Quality Institute.
- Supports Nursing/Hospital philosophy and mission.
- Supports educational and research efforts.
- Provides consistent and rational leadership in organizing a response to a crisis and/or disaster.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current Georgia license to practice as a registered nurse.
- Experienced in directing, teaching, and supervising nursing personnel.
- Demonstrated professional manner in work setting.
- Minimum one year of ED experience required; two years preferred.
- ACLS, PALS required; TNCC required within six months.
If you want to learn more about DeKalb Medical's ER opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*We recently increased our RN pay grids and also gave our internal staff a significant pay raise.