Student Intern (Foundation)
Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
The Human Resources Intern is a PRN position designed to provide college and university students to learn about working in the human resources and/or development and training fields while assisting the assigned department in carrying out entry-level responsibilities related to those functions.
1. Assists with administrative functions for the assigned department including:
a. Data entry in a variety of systems
c. Preparation of materials (class handouts, other documents)
d. Assisting with special projects and events
2. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
3. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission, and values and adhere to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High School diploma, currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college degree program.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Strong interpersonal skills, strong customer focus essential.
· Very good verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong basic computer skills including MS Word, skill with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and/or MS Publisher desirable.