Surgical Technologist Surgery
The Surgical Technologist Surgery delivers patient care through the scrub role and assist the circulating role as directed.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Works as a team with the circulator providing appropriate instrumentation and supplies for surgical procedures.
- Assists in room turnover.
- Able to scrub in all specialties provided at DM.
- Organizes supplies and equipment for efficient use of time.
- Performs non-licensed circulating duties as needed, determined, and supervised by RN.
- Seeks opportunities to develop expertise at scrubbing.
- Demonstrates support of management goals.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Graduate of a Surgical Technology program
- Certification desirable or LPN with operating room scrub experience
- Previous operating room experience preferred.
- BCLS is required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public-speaking, and in writing
- Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Skill and ability to plan and organize and manage multiple projects
- Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
- Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Skill and ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Skill and ability to lead and take initiative
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Reports to: Minimum to moderate supervision from Coordinator and Circulator
- Positions Supervised: Minimum to moderate supervision to Nursing Attendants