Vascular Technologist PRN Day/ Eve
Performs a variety of hemodynamic evaluations to detect obstructions, as directed by a physician or in response to previous test results, including: carotid duplex ultrasound imaging, arterial duplex imaging, venous duplex imaging and doppler ultrasound, plethysmography, pressure measurements and other methodologies to evaluate patients suspected of having peripheral vascular disease.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Assesses patient’s condition/information and determines the appropriateness of procedures to be performed as required and to establish medical necessity as mandated by Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA).
- Evaluates patients for the presence or absence, severity and location of peripheral vascular disease by selecting the most effective procedure.
- Explains procedures to patients or their family, to ensure the highest quality of care is provided.
- Performs vascular diagnostic studies according to established protocols, using training and knowledge to apply appropriate tests to arrive at meaningful results based on presenting symptoms and indications.
- Records test results and reports the results to the physician upon completion of testing. Documents and prepares patient records for review and interpretation by physician, including the selection, recording, cross-referencing of significant or representative studies. Prepares a complete and accurate written report for subsequent review and signature of the medical director or his/her designee.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, employees and related activities.
- Evaluates procedure results for technical quality and accuracy; maintains appropriate logs, files, and records.
- Performs clinical tests which are subsequently evaluated by the attending physician to diagnose or assess the status of vascular disease but this position has a large degree of independence without direct supervision.
- Maintains equipment to assure conformance with specific operational standards, making minor adjustments and repairs, performs routine cleaning and preventive maintenance, reports any equipment malfunction to supervisor.
- Maintains all necessary supplies (ordering and stocking).
- Assures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Graduate of an AMA approved program
· ARDMS or CCI certification as Registered Vascular Technician or Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) required upon hire
· Minimum of one year clinical experience in peripheral vascular imaging, two years preferred.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required
· An equivalent combination of relevant education and or experience may be considered